Friday, March 4, 2011

3-4-2011 Cooking up a storm!

I'm taking a break right now from all of the cooking. I am almost to the finish line, a few more things and I will be there. Whew! Not only am I making a huge dinner for tonight, but I am also making a lunch for tomorrow too. Our lunch will include: Peanut Chicken Pasta Salad (look for recipe below), Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad, and Spinach Asparagus Salad- from Kosher by Design
Here is a picture of my table set for tonight: notice the Talenti jar vases, and Talenti jars holding up the cake (pic of cake in yesterday's post)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR HUSBAND!!!
Here are some of my challahs I baked this morning:
Here is the tower of Meat Emapanadas, que bueno y rico!:
Here is a recipe for a delicious pasta salad with a peanut sauce type dressing. I loooove peanut sauce, whenever I go to Thai or Vietnamese restaurants I slurp it up with anything and everything.
Peanut Chicken Pasta Salad
1/8 C. soy sauce (I prefer Kikkoman low sodium)
3 T. coconut milk
2 T. creamy peanut butter
1/4 t. toasted sesame oil
1/4 C. rice wine vinegar
1/4 C. sugar
8 oz. corkscrew or cavatappi pasta, cooked according to package
2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
1/2 c. shredded carrots
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/3 C. cocktail peanuts, chopped
Whisk together soy sauce, coconut milk, peanut butter, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and sugar to make dressing. In a large bowl, place pasta, chicken carrots, green onions, and bell pepper. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment