Thursday, March 10, 2011

3-10-2011 Coconut Blueberry Mango Muffins

After I made the peanut chicken pasta salad last Saturday, I had leftover coconut milk sitting in my refrigerator. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I was thinking of things I could make with it. As I scanned the inside of my fridge, I discovered I had a mango and blueberries that were on the verge of perishing as well. I decided to play Iron Chef, and that is when I came up with this recipe for coconut blueberry mango muffins. The results were fabulous, the muffins were super moist and delish. They would make a great accompaniment to tea or coffee anytime. If you don't have mango, leave it out and they will still be great.

Coconut Blueberry Mango Muffins

1 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour (I usually buy organic Gold Medal, or King Arthur red package)
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/2 C. coconut milk (I used canned, I found kosher parve organic at whole foods)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 C. shredded coconut
3/4 C. blueberries
1 small mango, peeled, seeded, and diced

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add oil, egg, coconut milk, vanilla, shredded coconut, mix until almost combined. Mix in blueberries and mango. Do not overmix, this is the key to tender muffins. Scoop into a greased muffin tin, fill each 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops are golden.


P.S. My house smelled simply amazing when I baked these muffins. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment