Sunday, February 27, 2011

2-27-2011 Sunday Funday

For dinner tonight we decided to go to a very family friendly restaurant, Chili's. The kids love that place. I would love it too, but everytime I go there I eat a week's worth of french fries. Ughhhh, I am feeling pretty greased out right about now.

After dinner and putting the kids to bed, I started brainstorming what I am going to be making this week. I also made my grocery lists. I only have 3 or 4 grocery stores to go to this week. It would be a miracle if I could go to just one grocery store.

Here are a few of the things to look for in upcoming posts this week:
Chicken with Peach Bourbon Glaze
Coconut Crusted Tilapia with Pineapple Chutney
Golden Beet Salad

Also, Hubby's birthday is this weekend, there will be a lot of cooking going on. I'm planning on making all of his favorite foods: (recipes to come)
Mushroom Soup
Moroccan Salmon
Meat Empanadas with Salsa Golf
Chocolate Birthday Cake with cupcake cones
Mixed Green and Apple Salad with candied walnuts

Hopefully, Hubby won't read this, because I want to suprise him with his birthday cake. For the cake, I am going to make cupcake cones (ice cream cones with cake baked inside) and decorate a round cake with these. I will post a picture of the finished cake.

If you are wondering why I am doing cupcake cones, it is because Hubby is the creator and owner of an amazing gelato company, Talenti Gelato. I can't believe this is the first time I am mentioning this. Talenti, is the best ice cream you will ever have. There is not a flavor that I don't love. You can buy it at most grocery stores, including, Whole Foods, Tom Thumb, Kroger, Albertson's, Super Target, and Sprouts. If you have never tried it, you must! Here is a link to his website:
http://talentigelato.com/
The double dark chocolate, pistachio, and Sea Salt Caramel are my favorite flavors.

Here is the recipe for Cupcake Cones:

Cupcake Cones
These cute cones are perfect for children. They will adore these.

1 box cake mix any flavor, I prefer Duncan Hines
30 flat bottom ice cream cones
1 can Duncan Hines frosting, can use any brand any flavor
Sprinkles
Red Dots candies, or cherry sours

Preheat oven to 350 F
Make cake mix batter according to package direction. Fill 12 cones half full with batter. Stand cones in a 12 cup muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Repeat until all the batter is used, refrigerate batter when not using.
Once cone has cooled, frost each one, sprinkle on the sprinkles.  Place a red Dot, or cherry sour in the middle of each one. So cute! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment