Sunday, February 13, 2011

2-12 and 2-13 Eating Out a lot!

It feels like recently I have been eating out a lot which is good and bad. Good because I can blog about all of my restaurant experiences, and bad because I cannot blog about cooking experiences.

(2-12) We went to an awesome Greek restaurant post Shabbat. We love this place! Opa! The food, service, and prices are all good, and can't forget it's byob. The waiter we had looks like a Greek version of my brother Drew. We kept calling him "Drew" which was funny, but what was even funnier was that he was answering to it. The restaurant was jam packed with people, always a good sign.
We ordered a vegetarian sampler which had falafel, tzatziki sauce, hummus, dolmas, pita, green beans, and spanikopita. All of that was superb and was enough to make a meal on.
The spanikopita is my favorite. It is a mixture of spinach and cheese inside phyllo dough.
Getting a Greek salad is a must, it's one of my favorites things. Here is a picture of the one I had:
(2-13)
I had a wedding shower luncheon at a nice restaurant with a famous chef. This was my second time to go there, and will definitely be returning there soon. The menu we ordered off of was picked especially for the shower. All of the options sounded delicious, I had a hard time choosing. I ended up going with salmon, polenta, and grilled asparagus:
I love seared fish, and this salmon was perfectly cooked. Definitely makes me want to perfect the whole searing fish method at home. The polenta was very creamy (took 2 lactaids ***see below), it was just incredible!
Finally for dinner tonight, we went to a great restaurant with continental cuisine. This was a past favorite restaurant of my hubby's and mine. We hadn't been there in over a year. We had many different dishes while there tonight, but I am going to focus on their salad.
This restaurant is well known for their salad with lettuce, blue cheese, toasted pecans, and green apples. The salad dressing is amazing, they actually bottle and sell it.
About 5 years ago, the thought of eating blue cheese severely grossed me out. I would watch my husband in disgust as he would devour his moldy blue cheese. I don't know what came over me one time when he was eating that exact salad,  I decided to try blue cheese, and guess what?! I loved it! After that, I couldn't get enough of blue cheese. I went on a blue cheese binge. I was like a junky seeking a high for blue cheese. I remember deciding which restaurants we would visit by whether or not they had something on their menu with it.
Nowadays I still love blue cheese, but I don't seek it out.
Here is a picture of the famous Salad
***Ok, now you are probably wondering about the lactaid comment. When I was 19, I became severely lactose intolerant, to the point that I couldn't eat even trace amounts of dairy. I had a few failed attempts with lactaid ultra, and felt like I was never going to eat dairy again for the rest of my life. About two years later, a friend persistently convinced me to try Lactaid fast act. When I realized that it actually worked, a whole new milky world opened up to me. Now I am never without it. I am posting this is in the hopes of enlightening anyone who is lactose intolerant to the fact there is hope.
I am gonna go plan my menus for this week now TTYtomorrow.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment