Thursday, February 3, 2011

2-4-2011 Shabbat Menu

I am writing this tonight (Thursday 2-3) because Fridays are always crazy and I am left with no time. Here is my menu for this Friday night. Nothing too fancy or time consuming this Shabbat.

1. Challah, going to use the bread maker bc I only need 2 loaves
2. Tomato Glazed Gefilte fish with red beet horseradish
3. Green Salad with roasted beets and mustard vinegrette, from Kosher by Design Entertains (the pink one)
a real treat for beet lovers
4. Asian Red Cabbage Slaw
5. Brocolli Soup
6. Sweet-n-Sour Meatballs, look below for the recipe, it's awesome!
7. Green Bean Mushroom Casserole
8. Roasted Carrots
9. Brown Rice
10. Yellow cupcakes with Chocolate frosting and sprinkles.
Yep! Kind of boring, no new recipes I am trying, nothing extraordinary. Sometimes I have to admit these types of Shabbat dinners turn out the best. We will see!

Sweet-n-Sour Meatballs
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
2 Tbsp bread crumbs
1/4 cup seltzer, I use Pellegrino
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1 (15 oz) can cranberry sauce
1 (12 oz) bottle chili sauce


Mix together beef, egg, bread crumbs, seltzer, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Form into balls, smaller is better
Mix together cranberry sauce and chili sauce in a medium pot.

Bring sauce to simmer in a 2-3 qt pot. Drop in meatballs, return to simmer, and cook covered for 45 minutes.
Serve with brown rice, and a salad or green veggie for a complete meal
P.S. Kids and adults alike love this recipe, I love it because it is so simple to make Pin It

1 comment: