Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2-7-2011 Famous Lasagna Night

Tonight's dinner was a simple meal of Meat Lasagna, Salad, and Garlic Bread.
The Lasagna I make is irresistible. If you do make it, you will find yourself going back for thirds until you feel like your stomach might burst.
This recipe comes from a cookbook I have of my Grandmother's, it is a Tyler Junior League cookbook that is from 1960 or so. The original recipe is not very kosher as it has cheese and meat, but I adapted it. I will post my version of the recipe below.
I once made this Lasagna for my son's playgroup and every mom and baby could not get enough. I happily gave everyone the recipe shortly after. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Here it is...Drum Roll Please!
Meat Lasagna
1 ½ lbs ground beef
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1-28 oz. can chopped tomatoes, Italian Style
2 cans tomato paste
1 t. salt
1 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. onion powder
½ t. pepper
1 package Barilla no boil lasagna noodles
Brown meat with onion and garlic. Mix in tomatoes and paste. Add seasonings. Cook sauce covered anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours on a low simmer, stir every so often  to make sure bottom of pot isnt burning . Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Layer in a baking pan (I use one a 2.5 qt., but a medium pyrex will do): layer sauce, noodles, sauce, noodles…until you use up all the noodles and the pan looks ful, ending with sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for an hour. Remove from oven and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Remove Foil and Enjoy.
 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Anything LeeHock cooks is pretty rockin and Kosher - this one I have not tried so LH please invite the Schwartzes next time its on the menu!

    ReplyDelete