Monday, March 21, 2011

3-21-2011 Eggstra Eggstra Read All About It



Just finished my delicious breakfast and thought I would tell you about it. I have a deep love of eggs, not sure whether if it is because they are delicious, or if it is because they have the amazing ability to hold my appetite over from breakfast to lunch.
It has taken a lot of trial and error to find my favorite brand of eggs, but now that I have found it, no other brand remotely compares.
My search for the perfect egg started when I decided to go organic, before that I would buy whatever eggs, all of which were pretty tasteless. I started out buying the organic brown eggs (organic white eggs are hard come by). I became very frustrated by the brown eggs because every other egg I would crack would have a bloodspot, which is not kosher.
I then tried free range white eggs and Eggland's Best. The free range white were somehow tasteless, and the Eggland's Best were pricey.
One day, I was in Super Walmart about to buy Eggland's Best and I noticed another brand of Omega-3 eggs, Great Day. The package read "Rich Golden Yolks" and "All Natural", it was an easy choice to give them a try. The next morning I was pleasantly suprised how delicious these eggs were. I fell head over heels in love. Now I will only buy these.
I like eggs scrambled, fried, and steamed. I always eat them with a piece of toast with butter and jam, or parve waffles:
http://thedishondelishbyleehock.blogspot.com/2011/02/2-20-2011-sunday-breakfast-and-dinner.html


Here is how I make fried eggs over medium:

Fried Eggs over medium

This is my favorite way to cook eggs, the yolks are runny, but the eggs are not undercooked.

Heat a small nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray (My favorite spray is the Crisco brand, blue and silver canister) over high heat for a few seconds. Crack open two eggs into the pan. Cook until the whites are completely white and the yolks appear to be floating on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip eggs over. Turn off heat and let sit for a minute or two.


I cannot tell you how many times I have felt like calling this Great Day Egg Company to tell them how much I love their eggs. If you like eggs, you should definitely give these a try, the difference in taste is amazing!

P.S. I buy the Omega 3 eggs for when we eat eggs alone, and the All Natural variety for baking. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment