Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5-3-2011 Breakfast for Dinner

Every so often I change up my dinners by making breakfast for dinner. My kids love this.

 I was knee deep in making confetti waffles, when I got a call from my good friend and neighbor, to bring the kids out to play. Since, I was busy in the kitchen, I invited them over to our house to eat waffles with us. I'm so happy they came because it gives me joy to feed people.

I received a huge compliment, when my friend's daughter told me that it was the best waffle she ever had.

I can't take the credit for coming up with confetti waffles, I got the idea off of another blog: http://lacucinadilauren.blogspot.com/
I didn't make the same recipe though. I made my usual waffle recipe, and added sprinkles.

My kids adore sprinkles. I sometimes will put them on greek yogurt, applesauce, or just about anything I want them to eat. 

I store the sprinkles in my spice drawer. One day I caught my kids sprinkling their yogurt with massive quantities of oregano, thyme, and ground cloves. When I asked them what they were doing, they told me they were putting sprinkles on their yogurt. I guess they figured anything inside that drawer was sprinkles. The grossest part was that they were actually eating the yogurt with all of the "sprinkles". Ewwww!

Here are pictures and the recipe:

 
Confetti Waffles
 
For $30, you can get yourself the same waffle iron I have. I love mine, you will too! I have used it regularly for almost 6 years, and it is still like new.
These waffles take only a few minutes to prepare, and are way better than frozen ones.
 
2 C. all purpose flour
2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder (Clabber Girl only)
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 C. milk (I used soy milk)
6 T. vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1/4 C. sprinkles (the long ones, not the balls)
 
Preheat the waffle iron.
In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles. Let batter rest for 10 minutes. Make according to your waffle iron's directions. Mine calls for 1/2 C. of batter, and make 7-8 waffles with this recipe.
 
Serve with real maple syrup, don't skimp it is very worth it. Also, can be served with butter, whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and of course more sprinkles (can never have too many!)
 
 
See those edges? That is my favorite part. My kid's waffles never have those edges on them, hehe
 
Bye bye, I am going to eat another waffle now before I go to bed.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment