Friday, November 25, 2011

11-25-2011 Shabbat with King Hock's fam

I spent a few hours in the kitchen last night cooking for Shabbat. I didn't want to be stuck in there cooking all day today. I had big plans to do some very important Black Friday shopping, and I also had plans to see the Muppets movie.

I had my Black Friday hopes up sky high, all night I dreamt about all the amazing deals I would get today. What a disappointment, the best deal I got was at Walmart on 4 undershirts for 5 dollars. I was pumped to go there because they had adverstised a $2 waffle iron, but there were none to be had.

We are having King Hock's family over for Shabbat dinner tonight. There is going to be 13 mouths to feed in total.

Here is the menu:

1. Challah
2. Mixed Greens Salad
3. Brushetta
4. Tomato Gefilte Fish
5. Herb Baked Whole Chicken
6. Meat Lasagna
7. Roasted Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes
8. Steamed Green Beans
9. Cranberry Orange Cake, recipe below


Cranberry Orange Cake

Here is an easyand festive cake that tastes delish. The cran orange combo is classic, and personally I love it.

1 yellow cake mix
1 box Jello vanilla instant pudding (3.4 oz)
1 orange, zested
juice of 1 orange plus water to equal 1 cup
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 C. fresh cranberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan.

Mix together the cake mix, pudding, orange zest, orange juice and water, eggs, and oil. Use a hand mixer and mix for 30 seconds until moistened. Then beat on medium high for 2 minutes. Pour into the cake pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Have a good Shabbat! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment