Sunday, July 24, 2011

7-24-2011 Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake

I'm going to let you in on a little secret about me, I love to eat in bed. As I am sitting on my bed right now typing this blog post, I am annoyed by the crumbs I feel rolling around under my legs. This is definitely one of the downsides. Being in bed as well as eating are two comforting things, and the combo of the two takes it to a whole new level.

I'm trying to figure out where these pesky crumbs came from. Hmmmmm.... maybe it was from the piece of cinnamon swirl bundt cake I enjoyed in my bed this afternoon?

The cake I mentioned above is one of the desserts I made for this past shabbat. I've made it many times before because it's so easy to make, and it is always moist and delish. Everyone who ate the cake loved it, and asked for the recipe. Therefore, I am going to share the recipe with you here.



Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix, Duncan Hines
1 box Jello Pudding, instant Vanilla 3.4 oz.
4 eggs
1 C. water
1/2 C. vegetable oil

1/3 C. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray, and set aside.

In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, and vegetable oil. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix for 30 seconds until moistened. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Beat on medium for 2 minutes more.

In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.

Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the cake pan. Sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture on top of the batter all the way around. Pour the rest of the batter over the cinnamon sugar, and spread to cover completely.

Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 10 mintes. Remove to a cooling rack.

________________________________________________________________________

I gotta go change my sheets now. Hope you had a good weekend! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment