Sunday, July 3, 2011

7-3-2011 Mom's Flag Birthday Cake

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy birthday to the best mom in the world. I know everyone says that about their mom, but my mom is unbelievably awesome.

Mom, you are the best mother anyone could ever ask for. You are always there for me, you are my best friend, my partner in crime, you always listen to every crazy thing I have to say, you always help me solve my problems, and you are my favorite person to shop with.

The ironic thing about the date of my mom's birthday, is that when her mom was pregnant with her, her due date was June 29th, and she was born on July 3rd. When my mom was pregnant with me, her due date was July 3rd, and I was born on June 29th. Something to think about.

In honor of my mom's birthday we had a pool party and lunch for her. I made a flag cake, being that July 4th is tomorrow (the theme of my mom's birthday her whole life). I was not suprised when we showed up at her house today, and her table was set with July 4th plates, napkins, and decorations.

Here is a picture of the cake:



If you want to make something similar, but a bit easier...

Bake a cake in a 9x13 pan. Leave the cake in the pan, and let it cool completely. Then ice the top with either white icing, or whipped cream.

Thinly slice several strawberry. Then make a rectangle with blueberries and fill the rectangle in by staggering them to create the stars.

To make the stripes, start at the top of the cake and make a line of the strawberry slices, and then leave an equal distance of white and make another row of strawberries. Continue the process with the stripes until the cake is covered with stripes of strawberries.


Happy Birthday Mom!

I love you!

Happy July 3rd! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment