Monday, August 8, 2011

8-8-2011 Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes

Oh my word! I think I have a new obsession. I just made blueberry lemon cupcakes, and they are amazing. Adults and children alike will love these.

Kids will go crazy for their intense purple color, it's beautiful. They look like they have food coloring in them, but that is not the case. The color comes from roasting the blueberries before mixing them in. My boys just had one and are begging for another. Even though they probably just ruined their dinner, I caved and let them split one, (I know I'm a softy).

Everyone will go crazy for the intensely delicious lemon blueberry flavor. These don't even need icing.

All of the sudden I can't walk into the kitchen without the younger one offering to help me cook. Sometimes, I go in the kitchen just to grab water, and he runs in saying, "I help you cook Mommy." His favorite is to crack eggs.


Here is the recipe and pics:


Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes

I had a hard time capturing the color in the above picture, I need a professional camera and photography lessons. This recipe is adapted from the blog: www.howsweeteats.com

1 1/2 C. blueberries
1/2 C. margarine (1 stick)
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 C. all purpose flour
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 large lemon, juiced ( you should get and will need 2-3 T. juice from 1 large lemon)
1 t. lemon zest

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spary and spread the blueberries on them. Bake them at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until they start to burst. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool until ready to use them.

Place the margarine in a large mixing bowl, and using a mixer, beat until fluffy. Add the sugar and beat 1 minute until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix another 2 minutes. Then add the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Mix until combined. Next, add the cooled blueberries. Mix until combined again, the batter should be purple now. Add the lemon juice, and mix until the batter is formed.

Bake for 18 minutes, until the center of the cupcake springs back when lightly touched.

________________________________________________________________________

Have a nice evening!






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These look and sound super flavorful. Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete