Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9-6-2011 Chicken Spaghetti

I took my boys to a back to school shindig at our synagogue tonight, where they got to create their own pizza bagels for dinner (great idea!). Once it was over, we came home, and I was left to devise a quick dinner for myself.

I made chicken spaghetti, always a nice change from spaghetti with meat sauce. As I finally sat down to enjoy my dinner, both boys ran into the kitchen claiming to be hungry. They loved the chicken spaghetti as much as I did.

Here is the recipe:


Chicken Spaghetti

serves 2-4. I made this recipe up in the past when I was in the mood for Spaghetti with meat sauce, and I only had chicken on hand.

Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
2 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 jar marinara, I used Barilla Marinara

Place the chicken breast in a pot, cover with water. Place on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil chicken for 20 minutes, or until it is fully cooked through. Drain, and let cool a minute.

Cut or shred the chicken into very small pieces. Place cut up chicken back into the pot. Pour over the marinara sauce. Keep warm until ready to serve on the stove on the very lowest heat setting.

Serve over spaghetti. Goes perfectly with garlic bread and a green salad.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Have a good night!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment