Thursday, June 23, 2011

6-23-2011 Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars

I am not one of those who goes around licking spatulas, fingers, and bowls. For example, if I am cooking a pot of soup, and I want to taste it to check if it needs more salt, I will use a clean spoon each time I add salt and taste, this could be 10 spoons!

It's plain and simple, I am a germ phobe. I am scared of even my own germs when I'm healthy. I go to crazy extremes to prevent anyone from getting sick from eating any food I prepapre.

I will always remember when I was in culinary school, in a cake decorating class, when I spotted a girl sucking icing out of the tip of her pastry bag, and then she went on to ice a cake with it. Gross.

I have a confession though, when I made the cookie dough for the Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars tonight, I caught myself licking the spatula and empty bowl.  It was very uncharacteristic of me. The truth is, I couldn't help myself.

Normally, when I make cookie dough I would never do this because of the raw eggs (again, I'm a germ phobe.)  No need to worry about getting sick from the cookie dough in these bars, they are sans eggs.

This recipe is easy and delish. It's a great dessert to pull out of the freezer on a hot day.

Thank you to Lauren at http://www.keepitsweetblog.com/ for the idea to make these.

Here is the recipe and pics:

Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars (Pareve)

Cookie dough, 1 recipe, see below
3 C. vanilla ice cream, I used So Delicious
2 C. chocolate chips

Line an 8 or 9 inch square pyrex dish with wax paper. Press the cookie dough mixture evenly into the bottom, it helps if you wet your hand a little bit. 

Next make several scoops of the ice cream on top of the cookie dough, and spread together, so that the cookie dough is covered by ice cream.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, first for 30 seconds, then at 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.

Pour the chocolate over the top and spread evenly.

Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.

Cookie Dough Layer:

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons soymilk
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream margarine and sugar until well mixed. Add the soy milk, and vanilla, mix in. Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips. Mix until dough has come together.

 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________

Right now, they are in the freezer hardening, I will take a picture tomorrow to show you the end result. 

Enjoy your evening.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment