Thursday, June 9, 2011

6-9-2011 Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok it seems as though my chocolate peanut butter obsession has gone way too far. This all started last week when King Hock brought home the new Talenti Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup flavor.  Wanting more chocolate peanut butter, I made a frozen chocolate peanut butter pie for Shabbat last week.

Remember how yesterday I was so excited because I finished all of my cooking in the morning and was going to relax all afternoon? Well, of course that didn't happen. I was trying my hardest to relax, but my new obsession for chocolate peanut butter got the best of me, I ran into the kitchen at 6:00 to whip up some Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.

They came out of the oven smelling fantastic, and I placed them on a cooling rack. A couple of minutes later, I devoured a few (5) cookies.

Our dinner guests arrived at 8:15, and started congregating in the kitchen (I can never figure out why the sofa and chairs in the living room always sit empty while we all crowd in the kitchen).

One of my friends joked that he was going to have a cookie as an appetizer, to which everyone decided to have cookies for appetizers. This was no joke, there were only 3 cookies left by the time we sat down for dinner 10 minutes later.

Here is the recipe for these amazing cookies:

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C. margarine or butter
1/2 C. white sugar
1/3 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 C. all purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 C. rolled oats (not instant)
1 C. chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

With an electric mixer cream together the margarine or butter and the sugars. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix until creamy.

In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture, and mix until just combined.

Add the oats and the chocolate chips, mix until comes together, do not over mix!

Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough and place 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown, and the center is set.

Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then use a spatula and remove to a cooling rack.

________________________________________________________________________

Over the last week, all of my favorite blogs have been posting peanut butter chocolate recipes, I guess I am not alone. The only issue with that is, now I have a bunch of more chocolate peanut butter recipes I am itching to try.

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Cheesecake Frosting

Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dough Balls

Blueberry Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Bars


This next recipe is not my cup of tea because of the health conscience ingredients, but some of you may enjoy this:

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Cake for One

Sorry to bombard you with all of this chocolate and peanut butter, it feels good to get it off my chest.

Have a good day! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking my recipe and for sharing all of these other great ones! I too have a crazy pb addiction. I guess there could be worse things :)

    ReplyDelete