Friday, June 3, 2011

6-3-2011 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

I know I don't need to convince you that I love to cook, but I will admit that having a break every so often is nice. I am getting a break today as we are going to a friend's house for Shabbat dinner.

Of course I volunteered to help cook something. After having the new Talenti peanut butter cup flavor, I now have a new obsession with the combo of chocolate and peanut butter. That is the reason, I made a frozen chocolate peanut butter pie today.

The recipe come from the cookbook Quick and Kosher by Jaime Geller, and I assure you it is quick and kosher. It took me all of 5 minutes to prepare. Right now it is chilling in the freezer, until ready to serve.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

1 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
3/4 C. sugar
2 (8 oz.) cartons non-dairy frozen ready to whip (Rich's Whip), thawed
1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
2 T. margarine
1 t. pure vanilla extract (I only use Nielsen-Massey)
1/2 C. chocolate chips
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust

In the bowl of an electric mixer mix together the cocoa powder, sugars, non dairy whip, peanut butter, margarine, and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes until completely blended.

Fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour into the pie crust.

Place into the freezer for at least 4 hours. Let soften a little bit in the refrigerator just before serving.

_____________________________________________________________________

Instead of slaving (and sweating) in the kitchen, I am outside (sweating) watching the boys keep cool with their water slide pool.

I can't wait until later tonight to enjoy a cool piece of my pie.

Have a nice weekend! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment