Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baked Vanilla Donuts with Chocolate Glaze

Remember my post on National Doughnut Day a few weeks ago?

Yeah, well, that has now turned into National Doughnut EVERYday. If I don't eat at least one doughnut every single day, I feel off balance. I've become addicted. I've made a pumpkin donut recipe, which was pretty good, but my favorite is a plain vanilla one with chocolate glaze.

I like to eat one with my eggs in the morning, or for a morning snack with my coffee, or an afternoon snack with a glass of cold milk. I need to figure out a healthier version of these so my addiction won't cause me to grow horizontally, but seriously they are so good just the way they are, not sure I want to mess with that. I do think they are healthier than the kind you get from a doughnut shop since they aren't fried, that counts for something.


Baked Vanilla Donuts with Chocolate Glaze

I've also made these parve (dairy free) by substituting margarine and soymilk.

5 T. butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 C. white sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
2 1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 C. milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your donut pan with non stick spray.

Beat together the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a seperate bowl and add to the butter mixture. Add the milk, and stir togehter until all combined. Fill the donut cavity 3/4 full, bake for 13-16 minutes until the doughnuts are a bit golden.

Let cool in the pan for a few minutes then remove to a cooling rack. Dip the tops of the doughnuts in the glaze and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles or jimmies of your choice.

Chocolate Glaze

5 T. powdered sugar
2 T. cocoa powder
pinch salt
1-2 T. water

Mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and water until it is a desirable consistency.


___________________________________________________________________________

Now go make these donuts and stuff your face, and tell me all about it.

Have a good evening! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment