Monday, April 11, 2011

4-11-2011 Baking with the Boys pt. 2- Pumpkin Muffins

The boys and I were baking all together again this afternoon.  I think it's their new favorite activity. We made amazingly moist pumpkin muffins. Here is why:

My baby is turning 2 on Sunday, I can't believe how time flies. We are having a birthday party for him around lunch time, so I am going to serve his favorite food, pizza.  Instead of a cake or cupcakes, I am going to make pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting.

I really excited about the party favors, I ordered a mix of personalized M and M's with his face on them, and some with mickey mouse on them (his party's theme).

I promised myself I would never be one of those mom's who denied their children any type of treats. My motto is, if you deny them sweets, they only want them more.

My friend's children love to come to my house because we always have a huge supply of candy, sugar cereals, and juice boxes. My kids do not sit around all day eating this junk, in fact I would say they want it less because it is always there. Don't get me wrong, they still love sweets.

Anyways, making pumpkin muffins in place of cupcakes is very out of character for me. With all of that said, these muffins are outstanding, and I know the children (and adults) at the birthday party, will love them.

You will not be able to eat just 1 of these muffins, they are quite addictive.

 
The Best Pumpkin Muffins
 
1 C. all purpose flour
1 C. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
2 eggs
1/2 C. vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin cup with muffin papers.
 
In a large bowl mix together all of the above ingredients, until combined. Pour muffin batter into the muffin cups, filling them almost to the top.
 
Bake for 25 minutes, or until when you press the middle of one of the muffins, it springs back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I promise tomorrow I will post some much requested Passover dessert recipes.
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment