Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

After I gave birth to Prince Hock #3, they moved me to the room I would be staying in for the next 2 nights. About 5 minutes of being in my new room, and there was a knock at the door, it was a delivery man. He was delivering a gift from g-d, well not actually from g-d, but from a friend...It was warm freshly baked cookies, the best I have ever had. My mouth is watering just from thinking about them.

Those incredibly delicious morsels were from a company called Tiff's Treats. Their M.O. is warm yummy cookie delivery, it's pure genius.

As I devoured the cookies over the next few days, I contemplated what made these cookies the best ever. Was it their chewiness, their butteriness, or just the addictive drugs they must hide in their cookies?

I feel like my mission in life is to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, I've tried quite a few. So, I am proud to say I was very excited when I made a new cookie recipe, and it was the best yet.

Here it is:

 
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
These are the best warm out of the oven with a glass of cold milk. Mmmmmmm!!! The original recipe comes from Anna Olson.
 
3/4 C. butter or margarine
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. white sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract, I always use the best quality such as Nielsen Massey
2 C. flour
2 t. cornstarch
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, or use a silpat
 
Mix the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly mixed. In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until comes together, do not over mix. Add the chocolate chips.
 
Scoop out tablespoon size balls, with a cookie scoop (if you have one) and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, you want the edges to be golden brown, do not over cook, the tops will not be brown.
 
Remove from the oven and serve warm, they are still yummy at room temperature. Repeat baking process with remaining dough.
 
________________________________________________________________________
 
Have a great night!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment