Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chef BoyarLee

I hate to admit this, but I used to love eating Spaghetti-O's and Chef Boyardee. At this point in my life, you couldn't pay me to eat canned pasta, ick.

One of my canned favorites was the one with mini meatballs. So, I wanted to recreate a fresher healthier version of my old favorite for my boy's dinner tonight. I made them Rainbow Pasta and Mini Meatballs, it was SO easy! You can just call me Chef BoyarLee.


Rainbow Pasta and Mini Meatballs

I served this with a simple green salad, and fresh fruit. Prince Hock #2 A.K.A Mr. Meatball ate 2 big helpings.

1 box colored Rotini
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar marinara, I used Newman's Own Organic

Cook the pasta according to the box's directions.

Pour the jar of marinara into a medium sized pot with a lid. Make very small balls of meat and put them into the sauce. You can wet your hands if you find the meat is sticking to them. Once all the meat has been formed into ball, place the pot on the stove and turn on medium high heat, when the sauce starts boiling, turn the heat to low, and gently simmer covered for 30 minutes.

Top the cooked pasta with the meatballs and sauce, and serve.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Have a good night! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I subsisted on canned pasta in high school! This version sounds SO much better now! :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete