Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pineapple Muffins, Pineapple Smoothies

Let's not fool ourselves, muffins are actually cupcakes, and smoothies are actually milkshakes. With that said, muffins and smoothies are my boys two favorite afternoon snacks. I don't feel guilty because they are eating fruit.

Making smoothies is a production. I buy almost every different frozen fruit that exists, and I let them pick which fruits they want to put it. Every time the results are different, and every time the boys say "this is the best smoothie ever!"

In order to make the Pineapple Smoothies exactly according to the recipe, I had to sneak off.  Once I informed them that I made smoothies, they were excited to try them. They gave the same exuberant response as usual.

Now you are probably wondering why I've gone crazy with pineapple. I bought a huge pineapple on Sunday, and there was only so much pineapple we could eat before it was no longer good. So, I came up with delicious ways to use it up.


Pineapple Muffins

Makes 16 medium muffins

2 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1/2 C. pineapple juice
1 t. vanilla
2 C. fresh pineapple, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, and spray the edges with non stick spray.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, oil, pineapple juice, vanilla, and fresh pineapple. Mix until combined, do not over mix.

Scoop batter into prepared pan, fill 3/4 full, and bake for 25-30 minutes.


Pineapple Smoothies

by Paula Deen, makes 2 smoothies

1 C. fresh pineapple
1 C. unsweetened coconut milk
1 banana
1/4 C. ice cubes
2 t. honey, or 1 packet stevia

Place the above ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth.

____________________________________________________________________________

Have a good night! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment